Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Headless Death - A Hideous Warning (Regurgitated Semen Records)

Wow, I can’t believe my eyes… One of the most disorganized bands (in Australia for sure) finally released their first full length album! I know that they had recorded almost all parts more than 2 years ago (pretty huge delay isn’t it?) but the final mixing was made only now. That`s pretty suck, but I`m truly happy that this recording wasn`t lost in time. Before putting this CD into my player I want to check the visual part of this release. A Hideous Warning has two covers. First, a choked moron (with a garbage bag on this head) and the second one is monstrous black & white collage (that rotten Iguana looks fantastic!). You can choose which one you want to show to your mother, haha! And now, it's time to dig deeply into these noises. First of all I can honestly say that these songs are impressive. The whole album is like a 20 ton primitive beast! Violent, barbarian, extremely aggressive… A Hideous Warning is some really strong work. The whole sound of this album is soaked with ancient mold and rot. I can clearly feel influences of old grind bands such as Repulsion and Terrorizer. The sound of the guitar is so heavy and low, also it has a tiny taste of death metal. The same can be said about bass and drums, there is not any hint for modern things. This album has a great heavy and dark atmosphere; you will really feel it in the end of the album... These guys managed to create something really rad with only a few simple riffs. Hm, that is insane, how can this small piece of plastic cause the most primitive feelings (I really felt how the anger fills my veins)? I have a super strong feeling that this album will fall in top 10 grind albums of the year!


Rating: 8.5/10      Headless Death bc 

You can buy this album thru RSR/Hate Ape records!